12.10.2011

Star Braids

This week's style is a big first for us:  Big chunky braids with a star center.



The dilemma of the week:  Violet's Christmas production at preschool happens NEXT Friday.  So whatever style we do today will be on day #7 for the show.  Traditionally, her style is on it's last leg by day #7.  So it was either a two-style week (which neither of us have time for - it's the Christmas rush!) or a style that's simple enough to upkeep that I can retouch on Wednesday/Thursday without a lot of hassle, or in this case, section by section as needed.



During bath time, while I was detangling Violet's hair, I was playing around with part options for big chunky sections (something we have never done before) and Daniel began an impromptu discussion about how stars are now his favorite shape.  Bingo.


Using a rat tail comb, I just drew a star on her head.  It wasn't easy (at one point I asked my husband to draw me one for reference! Ha!) but it didn't take long all in all.  Each section is heavily treated with Blended Beauty's Butter Me Up and banded at the base and the tip.  It's cute with bobbles or without.  It's even cute with each braid curled in a bun - the star is more obvious.

So we'll see what happens between now and Friday!  The big sections lead me to believe it will not stay well, but over the past 24 hours barely a hair has moved (aside from the tiny curls at her hairline that I intentionally left out of the style).  Maybe I'll find some red and/or green bobbles to be a little more festive this week.

No comments: