12.30.2011

Just a Swingin'

Since we met her, Violet has loved to swing.  In the infant seats... the baby bucket seats... and now on a "big girl" seat.  I don't know if it's the freedom, the sensation of flying, the adrenaline, or what... but it's officially her favorite thing to do.

While taking photos of a recent style, I also snapped a few of her in her element - on her swing.  Just watching her makes me remember what it was like to be a kid on a swing.  Inevitably I hop on the swing next to her to try to recreate the moment, but it's just not the same.  I suppose it could be our kid-sized swings or the very short rope.

Speaking of rope, yes that is tape on the ropes because tiny pieces of rubber kept getting lodged in my kiddos' hands as splinters.  Lovely, right?

Sometimes she shuts her eyes and pretends to be a bird, narrating what she sees around her.  "Mommy, I'm a birdie!  I'm flying!  I see clouds... more birdies... the sun... and tiny little houses on the ground."

Enjoy a few photos of my beautiful girl in her happiest place.

No comments: