12.31.2011

Ballerina Ponytail

This style had more to do with me proving something to myself than anything else.  The last time we did this style, it kind of bombed.  Immediately fuzzy... and out within five days.  I have been thinking about it since then, wondering if my suspicions were right - last time, the twists were too wide, allowing too much of her new growth/baby hair to slip out quickly.

I also have unresolved issues with failure, it seems.

This time, we did nearly double the number of twists, ending up at 15.  Instead of a puff or bun, we left individual twists in with beads/hearts at the ends for total protection.



This time, I'm happy to report, the style lasted 9 full days and looked great all the way to the end, albeit a little fuzzy.  In fact, we could have gotten a few more days out of it.

It was playful, fun, age-appropriate, and the best part:  I could hear her EVERYWHERE she went.  This is helpful because she just moved to a big girl bed and at night I could hear her every move.



Now that we figured out our issue, this is a style we'll definitely be repeating in the future.  Plus, my upside down twists need more practice!

A photo of us "in process":

No comments: