1.10.2012

Two Puffs with a Twist



Our latest style isn't a crazy new invention.  In fact, it's a combination of some "fail proof" elements for us:  Two Puffs + Bangs + Flat Rope Twists (and lots of them).

Gramma is coming this week for a visit, and we need something sturdy that will hold up to lots and lots of tickling/chasing/snuggling/hugging/kissing/swinging/wrestling/playing and the other fun stuff that happens when Gramma comes to visit.  



I made up the part lines as I went, and just copied them on the flip side.  I would have done them differently with more forethought, but they ended up looking geometrically creative and pretty darn symmetrical.  It wasn't the fastest style in the world, there were a lot of twists (and upside down ones still take me longer than they should), but we finished in about two and a half movies.



Violet had just graduated to a "big girl bed" when we did this style, and wanted to do her hair photos in her room, on her bed.  She loves to lay on her stomach, reading a book with her little feet up in the air.  It's priceless.  So very Bye Bye Birdie of her.


Update after two weeks:  This style lasted us close to two full weeks! This was the longest any style has gone, aside from yarn twists.  We did the last few days as a twist-out with two puffs, and then a twist out into a single pony tail.  I can't believe it reaches into one puff!  Her first hair cut is coming up, which is why I wanted this style to hold us over so we wouldn't have to do a new style for just a few days.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love this blog. I found it looking for hairstyles for my little girl. I'm AA and love how you have embraced Violets hair and culture. I think you braid better than me! What products are you using?