11.22.2011

Low Pigtail Twists


A new do!  Thanksgiving is this week, and for us that means a day of hard playing outside with a whole lot of cousins.  So, we needed a full protection style that would hold up to the play while still feeling "festive" and "Fall-ish".  (I later noticed that I was wearing my hair in low pigtails that day, so I think I subconsciously influenced the style choice...!?)

Last week, Violet's hair was free (amazing fro... getting soooo big and beautiful) but that means it was a mess during bath time and took longer during detangling.  Thankfully, the style didn't take that long (2 movies exactly!).  


One center part, seven rows on each side, and one diamond of "bangs" in the front.  Each pigtail is connected in a rubber band, and then the seven twists are braided together and connected again at the end.  I'll just change out the two colored bobbles to match her outfits this week.

She wasn't thrilled about me taking photos of her hair afterwards (sometimes she loves it and sometimes she's just ready to be free to run around after sitting for so long!) but we invented a new silly face game that seemed to change her mind.  :)    

We have been using the same products for each rope twist style:  Co-washing with Tug Me Not (Blended Beauty), Additional conditioning aftewards with Coconut Oil, each twist gets moisturized with Jelly Cream (Blended Beauty) and then a generous amount of Madagascar Vanilla Creme (Darcy's Botanicals).  


Anyway, it was a fun style I'm sure we'll use again.  Fernando loves it, and it really does suit her personality.  Usually I DON'T like the style that comes after a week of free hair (because I miss the fro) but that hasn't happened with this one.  I think it's a keeper!

No comments: