7.08.2010

Preschool Panic

And I only use the word "panic" because it applies to me, not Violet.

Against all odds, Violet is rocking the world of preschool. She simply loves it - the other kids, the new toys, the activities, the food, and more than anything else, the little wooden chair she gets to sit in for snack time. She is obsessed with that thing. Obsessed.

Her mother, on the other hand, has cried more tears this week than in the past few months. She is a basket case and cannot get it together. She even has to write about it in the third person to avoid another meltdown.

She probably should stop writing about it now before she short circuits the computer electronics with her tears.

(Enjoy the photo of "helicopter mom"... we phased Violet in slowly, and I didn't leave my post outside the one-way mirror. I watched her every move. I'm sure the teachers LOVED me.)

No comments: