7.02.2010

Flower Power

Maternity leave has resurrected the crafty side of my personality. Crafty as in "arts and crafts", not crafty as in sneaky.

The glue gun and sewing kits have gotten more use in the past eight weeks than in the previous eight years. Violet's collection of flower hair clips and lace headbands is growing daily. But a problem has arisen: Where does one keep dozens of flower hair clips? The shoe box was busting at the seams (and was damaging the flower petals by having so many crammed into there.)

Another equally daunting problem was bugging me: The giant blank purple wall in Violet's room.

Problem #1 + Problem #2 = LIGHTBULB moment.


I went to Michaels and found some chocolate cork board on sale, along with some chocolate ribbon. A few minor hot-glue-related-burns later, all four boards were wrapped in ribbon and ready for use. Thanks to a hammer... some nails... a laser level... and two kids banging toys on the wall to "help" me hammer... we were set. They look great and actually add the splash of bright color I was looking for in that room.

Check it out:


5 comments:

Holly said...

That is a fabulous idea! I love it =)

Carey C. Bailey said...

Your genius!

Letia said...

Absolutely love it

Amy Kathryn said...

You make me proud! I may have to steal your idea...LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

emily anderson said...

oh my gosh, this is fabulous!

carey sent me your way---love your blog :)