6.15.2011

Goodbye, Max

Today we said goodbye to a (small, furry) piece of our family: Max the cat. Otherwise known as Maximus, Take-it-to-the-Max, and occasionally Maxipad. His liver failed and the end came very, very quickly.

I'll be shocked if Violet has any lasting memories of Max. She is just too young. But she will see him in photos, and know that he was part of our family for her first year here.

I'm glad that I snapped a quick photo of her pestering Max too... it's the only one of them together. He was insanely patient with her... creativity... when it came to showing him affection.

Oddly enough, she hasn't asked about his whereabouts yet, and I'm relieved. I'm not ready to have the "death" talk with a 2-year-old. We'll just leave it at a happy old photo, and another cat in the house ready to get all the attention for a while.

So long, Max. You will be missed.

No comments: