1.08.2011

The Time Has Come

Violet's hair, when wet, is now 4 inches long. That's the recommended length to start styling little curls... I have heard some people say it's best to start styling now to protect curls, and I have heard others say that it's not necessary yet.

HOWEVER. I am anxious to try something! I'd like for her to get used to me doing more than conditioner combing and daily moisturizing, too. I think it will make later styles easier if she's comfortable with me "working" in her hair for stretches at a time.

In November, I put in a tiny little ponytail. I know it's ridiculously small and hilarious (Fernando said she looks like a samurai...) but it was a (tiny and ridiculous) milestone all the same. Our first style.

This is from late November:



I think I may try a favorite style of one of my favorite bloggers: Katie (mom to 2 Ethiopian daughters) from www.happygirlhair.com. It's my "go to" for hair questions. Check out the style on the top right of Katie's blog header - it's called "halfrows" and it just might be the first style I attempt on Violet. We'll see.

It's also entirely possible that Violet will absolutely refuse to let me do anything and my next post will be called: "The Time Has Not Come, After All. I Was Wrong."

No comments: