11.09.2010

Facebook Fun

Another installment of "Recently on Facebook"! Or some equally non-exciting title. Anyway. A few snippets of kid-related posts from our pages recently, in no particular order!


CFA: Christmas season officially started in the Amaro house. We had a big ole dance party to everything from Family Force Five's Carol of the Bells to Bing Crosby's Christmas in Kilarney. And Violet does an amazing Irish jig, in case you were wondering.


FAA: I used to play the recorder. I have passed it on to Daniel. Was not thinking clearly.


CFA: Violet officially calls me "mommy" instead of "mama"... It's precious and sad, too. How did the mama stage end so soon??


FAA: My baby girl just fell asleep on my shoulder as I sang Beatles songs, perfect moment. :)


CFA: Wrestling today... One of their happier rounds. Currently they are both in time out for hitting each other. :)


FAA: Had an amazing afternoon with my amazing kiddos, made dinner including some delicious yellow bell peppers sauteed in coconut oil which even Daniel loved! We watched "Racing Stripes", had ice cream, and a dance contest with some crazy fun music! Living the dream!


CFA: Perfect morning interrupted by Daniel's first bee sting... Boo! Daddy went outside and put the bee in "time out". This made the patient very happy.


CFA: Violet just polished off her first peanut butter and jelly sandwich. In related news, I had a See's chocolate sucker earlier that made me think of Gramma. Bittersweet day for food in our house.


FAA: Took the little amaros out this morn. Headed to the park for a little brunch with the ducks (ducks ate old tortillas and we had water, apples and cheese). Spent some time at the playground then headed in to the public library for some reading fun! Daniel just told me that it was "so cool daddy". Win.


CFA: On the playground. Violet ditches the pumpkin patch and beelines for the fence to play with three boys from the other class. Should I be worried yet???


CFA: All done! Violet's adoption is as complete and legal as it gets. Everything went great... Especially when Daniel told the judge (under oath) that his name is "Astroboy" :)


FAA: Carrie was getting breakfast ready and Daniel says "mommy can I have ice cream?" and Carrie says "No Daniel, I'm making eggs" and Daniel proceeds to fall to his knees, throw his hands up in the air, and yell....."ICE CREAM EGGS!!!! YUMMMMMMY!!!". It was actually sad to explain to him that we did not mean ice cream eggs. Lol


CFA: I put one of my childhood dresses on Violet today, just for fun... she didn't want to take it off. I think she felt pretty :)


CFA: Violet's new word: "Mo". As in, "I want to say 'no' but can't pronounce the 'n'. So.... 'Mo'." Accompanied by a (very) sassy head shake. Here we go.


CFA: Just gave Violet almond milk for the first time... Every time she takes a swig from her cup she throws her head back and yells "yay!!!!" ... I think she likes it...


FAA: Why are the kids so cranky today...oh, wait, its 3pm and we forgot to have nap time. :) They are now sleeping and its true...silence really is golden.


CFA: Violet finally learned to say "Daniel" tonight. For the past week, she's been calling him "Ah-to-boy". (Astroboy). He believes he IS Astroboy. She apparently agrees.


FAA: Violet just said "blue battery" perfectly. seriously, perfectly. Why you ask? Because Astro Boy aka Daniel is powered by a blue battery and he asked her "can you say blue battery, blue battery!"


CFA: Had a few hours this evening with my sweet kiddos... we ran errands, made dinner, chased grasshoppers (in the kitchen), and spent most of the time playing in Daniel's imaginary garden world. I love them so.


CFA: Try keeping a straight face while telling your 3-year-old not to color on your 1-year-old's forehead. Both Fernando and I failed miserably - we had to hide in the hallway, laughing silently, trying to gain composure. And then we still couldn't NOT laugh. Oh well. :)


FAA: Move over Buzz Lightyear, Daniel is now running around pretending to be Astro Boy, the geeky fanboy in me is smiling. Can’t wait till he discovers Voltron. :)


FAA: Nothing like a dance party to Christmas tunes. Daniel and Violet do a mean "Robot". Domo Arigato and a Happy New Year.

No comments: