10.31.2010

Rawr!

This was Violet's first year to celebrate Halloween. And since she missed last year, we figured she needed to make up the lost opportunity. So, rocked TWO Halloween costumes.

Her real costume was fitting for her personality: a tigress. I figure - I have plenty of years of her wanting to be princesses, fairies, dancers and jazz cats (ok, maybe that one was just ME as a kid) and in these young years, I want her to be some cute and cuddly animal. She loved the paws and the tail, but wasn't so crazy about the headpiece.

For church that morning though (this year Halloween fell on a Sunday) there was no way she was gonna put up with that tiger outfit for hours on end. Plus, it was a furry furnace.

So we threw together a last minute fiasco with the theme of PINK. I like to think of it as a "Tom Boy Ballerina" with the little chucks she was sporting. She did seem to enjoy the tutu. (Daniel wore a dinosaur shirt and his giant dinosaur slippers all day... he definitely enjoyed that.)

At our church event that night, I drove a golf cart to give people rides from their cars to the event, and my kiddos joined me in the golf cart for the last half of my shift. They loved the free rides and I loved having them with me. We headed home for the annual Amaro shin-dig at our house, and enjoyed a few hours with the family.

Daniel completed his mission in life and embodied his alter-ego: Astroboy. Check out his blog for more details on that little era of our life!

(Violet's grandparents stole the show: Papa and Mema showed up as Mario and Luigi and I don't think I have stopped laughing still... it was AMAZING).

Happy 1st Halloween, little lady!

No comments: