9.19.2011

Renewed Creativity

New Style!  I have been newly inspired by 1) Violet's thickening and lengthening hair, and 2) a new fun blog I found:  Chocolate Hair, Vanilla Care.  It's a fun source of creative new styles, just in time for us.  Violet's damage in the back doesn't seem to be getting much better, and we're going to have to stick to JUST protective styles for a while.  (Bye, sweet little fro!  See you soon!)  

In the meantime, I'm excited to try all kinds of new styles.  Violet sits still for me for long stretches of time, which is helpful.  Her current favorite movie is Ponyo (I'm pretty sure this is Fernando and my favorite movie right now, too...) and she cozies up in her high chair with a blanket and a snack and just is a an absolute trooper.  It doesn't hurt that Daniel runs over ever 30 minutes, exclaiming, "Violet!  Your hair is BEAUTIFUL!"   

This style was born out of me biting off more than I could chew.  My original plan was to test out my flat rope twists on the top of her head (and some parting practice) and finish the rest of her head in regular rope twists, free-hanging.  But time ran out.  So, the top half are flat rope twists, continued into regular rope twists, and just added into 2 puffs.  I may finish out her head in twists later this week, to keep the back of her head protected.  We'll see.  

The downside is that there is so much baby hair still growing in that the twists were fuzzy from the beginning, even with freshly washed/detangled/producted strands.  It's ok.  She's 2.  And I'm new at all this craziness. (I'm talking myself into this, apparently).
  

Right now, we are loving this style on her and she seems to agree!   It looks precious with bobbles on the pigtails or matching flowers.  Lots of options!  I think this style is a keeper.  



3 comments:

Rory Mullen said...

your rope twists look PERFECT carrie! you should be so proud. ;-) thanks for reading and for the shout-out. violet is adorable. God Bless! :-)

StephanieRonco said...

Oh my gosh, she gets more beautiful by the minute. I am so impressed with your styling skills too -- what a cool and creative hairdo!

Kali said...

Carrie this is absolutely amazing!! I am very impressed!! I think you should do me next .. lol im only teasing. Your daughter is adorable!!