4.03.2009

I Dream of Adoption

Really, I do. Every night I dream vividly, in color, and I clearly remember them each morning. Lately, my dreams have been peppered with adoption references - sometimes metaphoric and sometimes crystal clear.

Last night, I dreamt that I received an email from our case manager that said: "Your expected date to receive a referral is approximately August 1st, 2009." Strange. Hopefully it's sooner.

The night before, I dreamt we were adopting two little girls, and in the dream we didn't know if they were Vietnamese or Korean. But they were 3 and 5 years old. I met the birthmom, who fell apart crying in my arms and a bunch of us prayed with her, and hugged her. The mom also passed me a note that said "You have a lovely home, but I don't feel a peace about you adopting the girls." Nice.

It's funny how the theme of adoption is just present in all levels of my consciousness... awake or not.

2 comments:

Tasha said...

I dream of your adoption too! Remember?? :)

Amy & Phil Weinmeister said...

Hi there! My husband and I are also with CWA and I think we must be right ahead of you in line! We were #7 on the infant girl list when you posted and said you were #8. We heard from our coordinator that as of this week we should be #3, which would make you #4!! We're also #1 on the siblings list :) I'm looking forward to following your journey! The referrals seem to come in batches, so we might be getting our referrals at the same time. Yay!!