4.15.2011

One Year Ago

At this exact time last year... I was on my 3rd leg of the world's longest trip - deliriously tired, sick as a dog, smelling of (really) dirty diapers, and marveling at the tiny life sitting in my lap.

At this exact time last year... We were about to step off that plane and into the waiting and extended arms of friends and family, and a new sense of community.

At this exact time last year... Our ears were about to be met with Daniel's bursts of love: "That's my sissy! That's my baby Violet!"

At this exact time last year... I had no idea how much it would be possible to fall completely in love with "someone else's baby"... and how quickly that baby would be 100% ours in every sense of the word.

At this exact time last year... The most beautiful era in our life was just beginning.

So tonight, we celebrated.

No comments: